Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

What a blessing it has been to celebrate this special day with my girls and the moms in my family (my mom, Travis' mom and grandmother). When I was a little girl, I dreamed about being married and having babies, and when Travis and I started dating (9 years ago), I knew pretty quickly that he was "the one." He and I would spend hours talking about "someday"--the day we would be married with a family of our own. I'm amazed everyday that we're now living in our "someday," and it's so much better than I could ever have imagined!

I absolutely LOVE being a mom! My sweet girls never cease to amaze me, and they bring so much joy to this house. The first thing Gracie said to me this morning was, "Momma, I have a surprise for you! Oh, wait. Daddy has a surprise for you!" She was so excited to show me the card she made and watch me open my gifts. Speaking of gifts, she and Ella did so good this year--mini chocolate chip cookies, several different bars of chocolate, and a pair of beautiful, sparkly diamond earrings! They know me so well :) We had a lovely day spending time together as a family. Instead of slaving in the kitchen, we ordered ahead from Blue Mesa and had a delicious Mexican lunch. It was nice to be able to enjoy the food and not worry about cleaning up.

Gracie has been so great lately. I'm in awe of her sweet spirit and her zest for life. She always says the sweetest things and constantly makes us laugh. One recent example: yesterday, she and I went shopping, and I tried on several different shirts. When I tried on one particular shirt and asked Grace if she liked it, she squished up her face and replied, "Well, it's different." I decided not to get that shirt.Ella discovered the Jumperoo this weekend and loved it! Just look at these faces...










Here's another attempt at re-creating a photo. The first pic is of me and Gracie when she was 6 months old on my very first Mothers Day, wearing her "My Mom Rocks" outfit. The next pic is of Ella at the same age wearing the same shirt. They definitely look alike to me...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
Mom and I are sitting here admiring your sweet family! I love the way you've saved outfits and taken identical pics on special holidays. You are just beautiful and have a such a beautiful family. I love keeping up with you through Kristi's website. Mom says she really appreciates you keeping up with her through Christmas pics and birth announcements. She keeps all of that on her fridge. Take care! Candie Sessom Lemberg