We had an interesting conversation on our way to swimming lessons last night...
Me: Gracie, this is our last class with Miss Molly, so you need to swim really good tonight.
G: Where is Miss Molly going?
Me: Well, she's going back to college.
G: What is college?
Me: It's a place where you go when you're finished with regular school. See, you go to school for a long time, and then, you graduate and you go to college. You get to move out of your house and go live in a new place with your friends. That's what Miss Molly is doing, and someday, you'll do it to. (I almost cried when I said this).
G: But, I don't want to go to college!
Me: Oh, yes you do! It will be fun. And, Daddy and I can come and visit you there.
G: No. I don't want to leave my home! I'm. Not. Going. To. College.
Me: But, Gracie, it's a long time from now. And, you'll like it there. Daddy and I met when we were in college.
G: Okay, then I want to go to college with Daddy.
And, there you have it. Either she's going to be a spinster, or she's taking Travis to college. At least for now. I'm sure she'll feel differently 16 years from now. It makes me sad just thinking about it!
Other funny things she's said lately:
Random lady to Gracie: Hi, pretty girl. What's your name?
GG: SILENCE.
Me: Gracie, why are you going to be shy?
GG: I'm not being shy. I'm just not talking because I really need a break right now.
GG to Ella: Ella, I'm going to play with you for a minute, but then I have to go back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I just found your sweet blog through 3 Peanuts and I too am in Dallas! Your girls are so precious and very well dressed!
Oh my goodness...your girls are adorable. Hope your little one did well at school today. I am curious as to where you live...we could be neighbors....
Kim
Post a Comment