Monday, September 14, 2009

Sutton is 4 Months Old!

Again, another month has just flown by. Sweet Sutton is now 4 months old and better than ever. He's nursing pretty well and taking 5 oz. bottles every three hours. From our at-home weigh in, he weighs a whopping 14 pounds. I know that may not be big for some babies, but his sisters weighed 15 and 16 pounds when they were each a year old! He's wearing all 3-6 month clothes, and his size 1-2 diapers are getting a little snug.

He graduated from swaddling in the Miracle Blanket this month. He'd been busting his arms out and waking himself up, but putting him down without it only upset him. Because I was home this week, I decided to whip him into shape. I just started laying him down on his back, and although he put up a fight at first, he's now much happier and puts himself to sleep with minimal fussing. He usually ends up on his side or stomach, but he's sleeping great at night from about 7 p.m. to 8 a.m., with usually two or three feedings during that time. He's napping really good during the day, with one nap in the morning and two in the afternoon. Considering the constant squealing and clamor, I'm surprised he can sleep at all!

He loves baths, playing on his new and improved play mat and riding in the Baby Bjorn. He's mastered rolling over, from back to tummy and tummy to back, and can hold his head up and bear weight on his legs. The girls are such cheerleaders, constantly providing encouragement like, "You can do it, little buddy. Come on!" (Grace) and "Oooh, Sut-ton. Good boy!" (Ella). They also like to help out with baths and are very curious about a certain body part. I'm not going to elaborate. Poor little guy.
Sutton coos and giggles and smiles constantly. I'm glad he's a happy baby. It makes for a happy family :)


Four Months
Three Months
Two Months
One Month
We love you, sweet little man and are so thankful for you!

1 comment:

Joclyn said...

He is so stinking cute!!!!!!