Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fair Day 2009

We look forward to fall for many reasons, but one of the things we love best is the State Fair! This was the first time since 2006 that I haven't been pregnant at the fair (crazy, huh?), but that didn't stop me from indulging in all the delicious fair food. Between the four of us (sorry, Sutton), we ate: cotton candy, Dippin' Dots, a Fletcher's corn dog, a candy apple, Jack's Fries, a gyro, nachos, an ice cream bar and an orange push-up. All in about 3 hours and, no one got sick!
Besides the food, the highlight was the petting zoo. Poor Gracie was feeding a goat, and it took the whole cup out of her hand. Luckily, we ran into our buddy Greg, and he gave Gracie his super-sized cup of food. Ella was not afraid at all and liked touching all the animals. Good thing they had lots of hand sanitizer! Sutton was such a trooper and was content just hanging out with his daddy.

We've never done the rides before, but Grace was curious about several of them. I'm afraid she takes after me because she didn't want to try any of them. They were either too fast, too loud or too scary. She finally decided on one- an animal train, and she and I did it together. It was pretty slow, but she was proud of herself for not being afraid and just having fun. I'm sure we'll add more next year, and I have a feeling Ella will be more adventurous.

No comments: