I have hidden Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You.
For the past couple of months, I've been helping Grace hide God's word in her heart. She has an amazing memory, so I knew before we started this that it would be something she would enjoy. We have both benefited from this exercise, and Ella has even memorized most of these verses, as well.
Here's our list so far:
1. In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1
2. When I am afraid, I will trust in You. Psalm 56:3
3. For nothing is impossible with God. Luke 1:37
4. And, lo, I am with you always. Matthew 28:20
5. Children, obey your parents in the Lord. For this is good. Ephesians 6:1
6. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek His face always. Psalm 105:4
7. God is love. 1 John 4:16
After prayers each night, Grace says, "Okay, now we need to do our verses." And she runs down the list. Sometimes, I quiz her and ask, "What does ______ say?" She's almost always correct. I try to help her apply these in everyday situations--Ephesians 6:1 is my favorite :) I am so glad she is learning God's word at a young age.



No comments:
Post a Comment