I wish I could freeze Ella's little voice because it makes everything she says incredibly cute and funny. Here are some recent quotes and phrases she repeats often:
"Gooness grashes"- goodness gracious
"Oh dear!"- this is her reaction to accidents, such as when she spills something
"Mr. Poo Poo, I love you!"- yes, she's loving this potty business (and so are we)
"Give us Tuesday our daily bread"- we still say the Lord's Prayer together every night, but Ella only requests bread on this day of the week
Oppisis- (opp-i-sis) a/k/a octopus
Pasketti- otherwise known as spaghetti, a crowd favorite around here
Tomario- (too-mar-i-yo) some people say "tomorrow," but we say "tomario" thanks to Ella
Brepast- (breh-past) the first meal of the day
Acally- (ack-a-lee) "actually." Used in a sentence like, "Acally, I no need to go potty."
"What it smells?"- I absolutely love this! Just like me and Grace, Ella has a super sensitive sniffer and always wants to know "what it smells." A couple of weekends ago on our girls only roadtrip to my firm's lake party, we stopped at a nasty convenience store that smelled like fried chicken. Ella inhaled deeply and then said, "What it smells? It smells like stinky Fritos, I think."
"What's whose?"- this is my 2nd favorite phrase, which Ella uses instead of asking, "Whose it it?" Examples: "What's whose that car?" "What's whose here?"
Grace is also very funny and picks up on words and phrases we use frequently. She never ceases to amaze us with her vocabulary. There are very few words she says incorrectly, but my favorite is "wass," also known as a "wasp." Several times a week, we hear, "Daddy, I saw a wass outside. I need you to kill it."
The other day, we had a fly buzzing around our house. Grace said, "Mama, ughh, there are flies in our house. We have to kill them. You know what we need? We need a fly whacker!"
I have a splendid idea- isn't "splendid" a splendid word?
This past weekend, Travis' cousin, Ryan, and Ryan's girlfriend Maria came for a visit. They went to a wedding on Saturday night, and Grace was helping Maria get ready. When Maria mentioned that her dress felt a little tight and that she wouldn't be able to eat anything, Grace suggested, "Maybe you should just order off the kids menu." She later asked Maria, "How beautiful do you think you look?"
When PJ and her boyfriend, Tiaan, were here on Sunday, Grace asked Tiaan what color his shirt was. Instead of telling her the actual color (aqua), he replied, "It's pink." Grace then turned to PJ and said, "Maybe he's not such a good boyfriend after all."



No comments:
Post a Comment