Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Disney World- Day 4

We ended our stay at Disney World with another day at the Magic Kingdom.  It truly is magical, and it was the perfect end to our trip.  The girls really wanted to see Rapunzel and Tiana--their two favorite princesses who were not at the princess breakfast.  Unfortunately, everyone else wanted to see them also, and the wait times were 3-4 hours.  At this point, that just won't work for us.  So, we opted for viewing them from afar.  We did get lucky, however, and caught Tiana and Prince Naveen leaving their "hiding spot" to walk over to the greeting area.  We got to see them up close, and Tiana was by far the most beautiful princess at Disney.  The girls were thrilled!!  It was such an exciting moment that I forgot to take a picture, so this one of the three gazing at Rapunzel will have to suffice...
Grace really wanted to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad again, but wanted me to go with her.  I'm really not a "ride person," and would much rather watch the stroller, but I also didn't want to disappoint my sweet girl.  So, we grabbed a couple of Fast Passes and then when our turn came, Grace and I were both pretty scared.  She thought the second time was much scarier than the first.  I'm not sure what the first time was like with Travis, but I was sufficiently frightened and don't have to ride it again :)

Our next stop was the Peter Pan boat ride.  Everyone loved this, even though at one point the ride stopped and we were stuck in Wendy's nursery.  That gave us plenty of time to visit and enjoy the scenery.  It was so great that when we were finished, we got right back in line and rode it again.  We then went to the Monsters Inc. Laugh Stop for a hilarious comedy show.  It was really interactive, and the kids thought it was hilarious that the monsters used the audience in their routine.  

Because we loved it so much the first night, we did the Buzz Lightyear ride again.  Although Sutton loved the giant Buzz, he was scared and clingy once the ride started.  Maybe next time...

We then rode the People Mover, which was great during the day and even better at night.  Ella and Sutton even fell asleep on it around midnight.
On our way out, we saw the real Buzz Lightyear.  The kids really do not have the patience (neither do we) to wait in line, so again we settled for gazing from afar...
The biggest surprise hit of our trip was the Carousel of Progress.  It was created by Walt Disney for the 1964 Worlds Fair in New York, and although Travis and I found the history interesting, the kids absolutely loved it.  We couldn't believe they actually sat still for the 20+ minute show--twice!!  Ella and Grace were quite the commentators.  During the first scene, Ella exclaimed, "That dog looks weird!"  During another scene in which there is a thunder storm, Grace said, "Ooh, that thunder gets me every time!"

We visited the ice cream parlor to get Sutton a special treat and ended up securing a table right on Main Street with a perfect view of the afternoon parade.  Sutton wore most of his ice cream, but he definitely had fun...
I tried to get a picture of all the messy goodness, but Sutton wasn't having it.
My sweet little mouse had a great day...
We tried to hit up our favorites, including the regular carousel, or the "American round" as Ella calls it.  It was beautiful, and we rode it three times.  We also rode the Tea Cups again--it is such classic Disney and too much fun!

The girls were disappointed that we couldn't go inside Cinderella's castle, but I made them pose for a picture at the fountain...
The babies posed for more photos on Dumbo...
I asked them to act like they were actually on the ride, and this is what I got...
Travis and Grace rode the Astro Orbiter that night, and from what I hear, it was "awesome!"  The nighttime parade was also awesome.
The highlight of our evening was the fireworks show.  It was by far the best I've ever seen!  Grace was truly awed.  Ella and Sutton thought it was too loud, but I know they enjoyed it anyway.  It was a lovely end to a truly amazing trip!
Our very last ride was on the racetrack.  The girls and I raced behind Sutton and Travis, and apparently, Sutton LOVED it!  He took over the wheel and laughed and screamed the whole time.  Grace was our driver and I don't think we'll have to worry about her too much when she turns 16--she was very cautious and courteous.   
I really hated that our trip had to end.  As soon as we had Grace, Travis and I said that we would go to Disney World the summer before each of our children went to kindergarden.  Five and a half years has  flown by, and it seemed surreal at times that this was the trip we had been planning.  We had an absolutely wonderful time and cannot wait to go back in two years before Ella starts kindergarden!

No comments: