That's what Sutton kept repeating at his 15-month checkup today. We had plenty of fun in the waiting room visiting with other families and watching the fish...



All that changed once we went into the exam room. Sutton checked the room out and then decided that it was time to leave--before the nurse and doctor even arrived. He kept grabbing my hand and pulling me to the door, shouting, "Go! Go! Go!" I tried explaining that we couldn't go yet, which made him really mad. He threw a huge fit, which is becoming more common these days, complete with real tears, screams and back arching. I do my best to keep him from hurting himself and me, but he's so much stronger than the girls. He apparently thought that I didn't understand that he wanted to leave, so then he started grabbing my purse and his diaper bag and trying to lift them and again telling me to "Go! Go! Go!"


Needless to say, it was an exhausting visit, but the doc assured me that this is typical for the 15-month visit. Sutton is healthy and right on track developmentally. I did have one concern to raise that I've never had to deal with in almost 5 years- "What can I do to make him eat?" I told her all about his picky eating habits, which were confirmed by his low weight. She gave me several tips which I hope will work to put a little meat on his bones, but chances are, he's not going to be a chubby baby anyway. She's not concerned at all considering the size of the rest of his family and the fact that he's perfect in every other way. Here are his stats:
Height: 31 inches (40th percentile)
Weight: 19 pounds 4 ounces (less than 5th percentile)
Head: 18.5 inches (40th percentile)



1 comment:
So funny to read about you asking the doctor, "What can I do to make him eat?" That is (and has been) my concern with Hudson forever. Our 24 month old neighbor is already heavier and Hudson turned three in June...hey, at least our boys aren't chunky!
Post a Comment