Today has felt like a dream. The first day of kindergarden came and went, and we're still alive and well! Grace had no trouble getting up and dressing herself this morning. She didn't eat much for breakfast, and I think her tummy may have been nervous. Ella, however, enjoyed by special treat cinnamon rolls all by herself.

I can't believe how grown up Grace looks here...

We love our baby girl!

We walked to school with the McNeills this morning. Daddy with coffee and Ella and Sutton with bedhead and a cinnamon roll to go.
I've been looking forward to walking to school, and it was such a treat. I know we'll enjoy it even more when the weather cools down.


Here's our crew in front of the school and with the principal in the background.

Before we headed for the classrooms, Dr. Jen introduced us to the cafeteria ladies. Grace also let us know that she'd gotten a blister in her new shoes. Thankfully, I anticipated this issue and packed a pair of socks for her. Travis and I both kissed her goodbye in the cafeteria so we wouldn't feel rushed.
As we made our way to class, Grace had trouble opening her locker, but her biggest concern is when will I be able to decorate it for her. Unbeknownst to me, decorating your locker with wall paper is the new "thing," so I'll have to make my way up to school another day this week to do that.


Here, she had to select her lunch option--hot, cold or brought. She passed on the chicken nuggets and pb&j in favor of a bento box full of her favorite healthy treats. I've taught her well!
Her sweet teacher welcomed her with a huge hug, and I think they're going to love each other!

Grace got right to work like it was no big deal.

Sutton also got right to work...

I held my tears until I walked out the door, and then they started flowing. Goodness--it's been a long day. I was thrilled to be able to pick her up this afternoon and take her to Yummilicious for a special treat. It was fun to hear all about her day--it was "awesome" and "so fun." Her favorite parts were art and recess, and she got to pick a sparkly bouncy ball from her teacher's treasure chest because she was so nice. I'd say the first day of kindergarden was a success!
Another fun part--the HPHS seniors delivered these shirts to all the kids and took a picture with them.

Highland Park High School Class of 2024!!



1 comment:
Hi Spillman Family - it is Nicole...PJ's friend! Long time blog stalker, first time writer! Michele, you do such a beautiful job writing about your sweet family. I have missed your posts! I said a prayer for Grace starting school this morning. I am sure I will blink and it will be Landry's turn!
Post a Comment