We LOVE weekends, and this one was no exception. Travis is working half days on Saturdays now, so before he leaves, I have him bring both girls to me so we can have our "morning snuggle." I absolutely love this time and get teary-eyed just thinking about the day they won't want to cuddle with me anymore :( But, right now, they seem pretty happy to and usually wake up in very good moods (see the pics below). When Gracie is ready to get up, she'll say, "Okay. Time to get out of bed. Don't cha wanna go downstairs and make me some breakfast? Yeah! Come on! That will be fun!"

After breakfast, we played at the park and then attempted to go to swimming lessons. But, after a mad dash to not be late, I realized that we'd left the car seat base in Gabby's car. Oh, well. Hopefully, we'll make it next week. We made it up to Grace later by letting her try Dippin' Dots for the first time. I wish I had a pic of that--she REALLY liked them and actually ventured out and got something other than chocolate. Turns out she likes the "pink kind." Who knew?
On Sunday, Grace and I went to a birthday party for our friend Meredith. It was Grace's first time at Pump It Up, and she had a total blast! (Pump It Up is basically a huge warehouse full of bounce houses). Meredith turned 5, so Grace was one of the youngest ones there. Even so, the first thing she did after kicking her shoes off and handing over Lamby was climb up the giant ladder all by herself. I kept thinking that she was going to freak out once she made it to the top, but she didn't. Nope, she slid right down that giant slide and squealed with delight when she hit the bottom. It was so fun to watch! The party was fun, and surprisingly, Grace didn't eat much birthday cake. After she got it, she asked, "But, Mommy, where's the ice cream?" She looked heartbroken when I told her they didn't have any.

We ended the weekend on a high note, planting flowers out front. Grace asked me where we were going to put all the flowers, and I said, "In the flower beds." She replied, "Oh, so they're not lonely when they go to sleep?" Exactly, precious girl. Grace was a great little helper, and kept encouraging me and Travis. "You're doing a great job, Daddy! Oh, Mommy, that's just perfect! Aren't I doing a great job, too?" She even helped out with Ella, who was entertaining herself in her play pen in the front yard--"Hold on, Baby Sis! I will come to calm you down!"
After a weekend full of fun, I tucked Gracie into bed. After reading her two books, I went over to turn off her lamp. But, there was trash on her bedside table, so I picked it up and threw it in the trash can in her bathroom. Grace asked, "Mommy, what did you just do?" I said, "I had to throw that trash away." And she said, "Mommy. You are naughty. It's time for sleeping, not time for picking up trash." Naughty? I don't think I've ever called her that, but apparently, she knows what it means and said I was a "naughty momma." I don't think that's a compliment.



No comments:
Post a Comment