Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Birthday America

We spent a wonderful 4th of July weekend as a family! On Friday, we attended the Lakewood 4th of July parade, and Grace and Ella loved it. Too bad I forgot my camera because it was so fun to see! We arrived right on time and found a nice spot in the shade. Grace and I took our place on the curb, and she didn't know what to think. Then, she realized they were throwing candy, and she was so excited! Unlucky for us, there were two ornery boys sitting beside us, and they kept swiping all the candy around Grace. After a few minutes of this, I decided to help her out, and she said, "Thank you so much, Mommy! I love candy!" Let's just say she comes by that honestly, and I'm grateful that her daddy is a dentist :) While Ella wasn't into the candy, she did enjoy watching all the floats and happily performed her latest trick--clapping her hands! She figured it out on the 2nd and has been showing off ever since. What a big girl!

Later that day, we headed out to Rockwall for Papa Jim's 4th of July fish fry. The food was yummy and the girls enjoyed being entertained by lots of family and friends. They both loved Uncle Sam...

We wanted to stay for the fireworks, but by 8:30, Ella was beyond ready for bed. She was mad!! But, after we got her buckled into her car seat, she seriously fell asleep in about 30 seconds--before we got out of the driveway! Grace didn't make it much longer, but woke up when we stopped for frozen custard. She was so tired that she didn't even finish hers and quickly went back to sleep. As we were driving in, we could see the fireworks at Fair Park and Lakewood Country Club. Grace woke up and loved all the colors, but she did not like the loud noises. I guess she's still to young to really enjoy fireworks. Maybe next year.

On Saturday, Grace and I had a "GLAM" (Gracie Lula and Mommy) shopping trip. I needed to pick up a couple of things for our trip to Mexico, and Grace was more than happy to accompany me. She insisted that we stop by the mall and Target, and I didn't argue with her.

That afternoon, we played together as a family. Aren't they silly?

Ella is really loving the "new car" as Gracie calls it, and we let Lamby have a turn, also.


Ella is pulling up on everything now and desperately wants to walk.

Our tent has gotten a lot of use lately. We usually keep it upstairs in the playroom, but we brought it into the living room, and Grace and Ella had a blast!

As you'll notice from the pictures, Grace likes running around the house in her panties now. I think it's cute and take as many pictures as I can. One day, I'll embarrass her with these:

1 comment:

Sibi said...

Hi there!
Thank you so much for your sweet comments! And how beautiful is your precious family? So glad that we connected! We have lots of girls in our house and enjoy lots of pink as well! YES! We were planning to move to Dallas, but our house hasn't sold and we are expecting our new baby in August. So we are in a bit of a holding pattern until we sell the house. Not an easy thing in this market. Have a blessed week and I will visit again soon!

Your girls are just precious!