Sunday, July 27, 2008

I waited 2 years, 8 months, 3 weeks and 4 days...

to cut Gracie's hair! Yep, on Saturday, July 26, 2008, Gracie got her hair cut for the very 1st time!! I felt a little sad about it, but her curls were getting a bit unruly and needed a little trim. So, we headed off to Snip Its, where Miss Amy did her best to try to comfort nervous Gracie. Travis and I had talked to her about it for several weeks, and she seemed really excited until she got up in the actual chair. That's when the tears started. Poor thing always gets nervous when she does something new. But, Miss Amy offered a lollipop, and I found a cherry one that seemed to calm her down (just a little bit).
Miss Amy was really quick, and Grace sat very still while she snipped away.Ella wasn't too interested, but seemed happy to be along for the ride.Afterward, Gracie got a prize: ANOTHER pink bracelet that quickly became an ankle bracelet once we got in the car. She loves her accessories!
Here's a good before and after:

It isn't really as short as it looks here, and we all love it!

No comments: