Our days continue to fly by, and I can't believe my sweet baby is well into toddlerhood now! We love watching Ella's personality develop. She's sweet, sensitive, adventurous and even a little mischievous. She's constantly on the move and trying to do everything Grace does, but she's very, very brave (and Grace is not). We've found her walking on top of the coffee table, sitting up on her play table, climbing on just about everything and slurping water out of a puddle on the sidewalk (ICK). She loves playing at the park, and we sometimes have a hard time keeping up with her.
To help keep her in line, I bought her one of those backpack leashes. She thinks the pink puppy is really cute until she's wearing it. Then, it's a constant game of tug-of-war. What are we going to do when Baby Brother arrives???
Ella continues to be a very messy eater--something we weren't exposed to with Grace. She's a great eater, though, and she'll eat just about anything. She particularly loves broccoli and spaghetti, so we have that at least once a week.
Although she's much different from Grace in many ways, Ella is still very much a girly girl. Here's how she sits in her high chair:
Ella has turned into a complete "mama's girl" this month. Her love for me is obvious and extreme. She wakes up and goes to bed calling, "Mom-meee!" She just can't get enough of me, and turns away when anyone else tries to take her out of my arms. I'm not sure if something inside her knows that another baby is coming, but I am loving this! I should qualify that and say that I'm loving it most of the time. I'm not loving it when she occasionally wakes up in the middle of the night crying for me and won't let Travis console her. My goal is to get good sleep for the next couple of weeks before the 9-months-pregnant-and-can't-sleep-a-wink thing kicks in, which is quickly followed by the nursing and changing diapers every 2 hours routine. Lord, help us all!
Ella has had some major sleeping accomplishments this month: (1) she gave up her paci, and (2) she started sleeping in her toddler bed! She easily transitioned into both, although she's still napping in her crib. I think the fact that it's pretty light in her room during naptime makes it too tempting to stay in her new bed. She'd much rather get down and play with her toys. She's also perfected hugs and kisses and loves to cuddle up on our shoulders.
Her new words this month include puppy, diaper, tee tee, potty, stinky, clock, ouch, head, eyes, and ears. When she's finished eating, she exclaims, "All done!" She has also recently learned the following sounds- train (choo, choo), car/truck (beep beep), monkey (ooo, ooo), owl (hooo), bear (ahhh, as in "Ahhh, sic 'em bears), duck (cack, cack), horse (nay), and bee (bzzzz). The other night, she asked what was on her tray at dinner time. When I told her it was chicken, she replied, "Bock bock!" She loves calling people by name. I'm both Mommy and Ommy. Travis is Da-deee. She calls Grace three different names- Grace, Gracie and GG. Gabby is both Gab-eee and Ab-eee. She also likes to call out for her Pop-peee and Or-eee.
Another cute aspect of her personality is her sense of humor. She laughs A LOT and likes to make others laugh, too. Just the other night, I put her to bed and then went to tuck Grace in. Travis went into Ella's room a couple of minutes later to give her a goodnight kiss. She was very sweet, and then as he was walking out, she yelled, "Stinky!" Travis thought this was hilarious and knew that she'd said it just to get a laugh :)



No comments:
Post a Comment