Tuesday, June 2, 2009

End of Year at Emler

Today was the girls' last day of swimming lessons this semester at Emler.  We've seen huge improvements over the last several months.  Grace is swimming half the length of the pool and has learned how to really use her arms to propel her.  Her little body is so light that she's pretty fast!  Ella is so comfortable in the water and now likes to hang on the edge of the pool. She can hold her breath for at least 10 seconds swimming underwater.  I'm hoping they won't regress too much over the summer without formal lessons, but I'm thinking we should get lots of swim time in (if only I can get them to practice their skills).  
Getting ready to hit the pool
Being shy
Showing off her kickers
What is this face?
Hanging on
Goggle face
Fun with Daddy
An attempted group shot
Sleepy Sutton (he was not impressed by the pool)
The shoe thief

No comments: