Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sutton is 1 Month Old!

I know this is late, but I'm doing my best here.  Thanks for understanding :)  So, our sweet Sutton is one month old.  As I told Travis last night, in some ways it feels like he's been here way longer than that, but in other ways, I can't believe a month has already flown by.  What fun we've had getting to know our little man!

In the past week, Sutton's gotten a bit fussier.  I was thinking it was gas, but the Mylicon was kind of hit-or-miss at relieving his symptoms.  Last Monday and Tuesday were the worst, and poor Murse and Fathers were here for that part. Thankfully, he seems better this week, and Dr. D assured me that it's normal at this age because he lacks the ability to self-soothe.  Travis has discovered that Sutton likes to be tightly swaddled, but only his arms and not his feet.  This really helps when he's in a crying fit.  He likes the paci more now, but sometimes fights it.  When he finally gives in, it's also a gem at helping him calm down.  He's still sleeping most of the time, but his awake periods are getting longer.  He likes to spend that time in the bouncy seat just looking around or on his tummy trying to lift his head.  On his actual one month birthday, I caught his first smile, and I've seen it again a couple of times.  It's very cute, as you can imagine. 

Sutton also got his first bottle on Monday.  He took it like a champ, which was such a relief because Travis and I had planned a late anniversary dinner for that night and I was worried he might not like me being away.  Gramby was nice enough to keep all three babies for us, and we enjoyed a delicious and HOT meal without having to take care of anyone else!  Happy belated 5 year anniversary to us!

I still think Sutton looks like Travis, but I also see a lot of Grace in him.  And, he reminds me of her as a baby.  His hair is light brown/blond and his eyes are still blue.  Before I took him to his one-month checkup, I had a feeling his weight gain was on target because he's outgrown his size N diapers and newborn-size clothes.  Dr. D confirmed this--Sutton is up to 9 lbs 1 oz!  Here are his stats:
Weight:  9 lbs 1 oz (25th percentile)
Length: 21 3/8 in (50th percentile)
Head:  14 3/4 in (25th percentile)
Way to grow, Sutton!  We still feel incredibly blessed to have another perfect, precious baby.  God is good! 

He fell asleep during a diaper change
What a cutie!
Enjoying the bouncy seat
Having his first bottle
Being poked and prodded by Dr. D
Tired of our photo shoot

No comments: