Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sutton is 6 Months Old!

Our precious baby boy is halfway to his first birthday! He's such a content baby, and it's so neat to see his little personality developing. He's very laid back and easy to please, and he's super smiley.
Sutton is sitting up unsupported. And, he's THIS close to taking off in a full fledged crawl. He can go backwards really well, and he can "caterpillar" his way across the floor. Here he is in action...
He's completely formula fed now. I made it to my goal of 6 months, and I'm proud of that. It was so hard to juggle with working, but now I can say that all my babies, even #3, got at least 6 months of nature's perfect food. I might have gone longer, but I just couldn't keep up with him, and he would get so impatient and frustrated. Now, he's happily downing 6-8 ounce bottles every 4 hours. He also gets baby food three times a day. I completely broke the rules with him and didn't bother starting him on green beans and peas. I jumped right to the good stuff--bananas. He liked them so much that he really doesn't like much else. So, he gets lots of different banana mixes and also likes apples, pears, blueberries and raspberries. He'll occasionally tolerate sweet potatoes and carrots. But, he hates green veggies and either spits them out or just shuts his mouth so that you can't get the spoon in. It figures. I guess having two kids who love broccoli, green beans, peas, edamame, cucumbers and just about every other vegetable was enough.

His hair is growing, and no surprise--it's blonde. I can't believe that my supposedly dominant dark hair/dark eye genes didn't come out in any of my kids. Sutton's eyes are a grayish color right now. I'm thinking they'll look like Grace's, which are green/gray/hazel. Ella's are golden brown, so that's also a possibility. We'll wait and see. He still looks very much like his father's son...
Another big first this month--FIRST WORD!! Yep, just the other night Travis and I heard him say "mama" when he woke up in the middle of the night. It was clear as day (or night). He is very vocal and especially likes to squeal. He's also learning how to make sounds with his tongue and lips...
Speaking of waking up during the night, he's still doing that. He's usually up between 11-12 and then again at 5:30, which around here is too early to wake up. Up until a few days ago, he would wake up starving and would down a bottle and go right back to sleep. Now, though, it seems as though his clock is stuck, and he's just waking up out of habit. I hope to break it soon. We're very tired.

We're looking forward to spending his first Thanksgiving and Christmas together soon. It will be so different because the girls were really young for their first holidays. I'm sure he won't care what Santa brings him, and I think he'll be more impressed by the wrapping paper and boxes. I love this little man so much and can't believe this first 1/2 year has already passed! Our monthly photo sessions are getting more fun. He just beams when I pull out the camera!
Here are Sutton's 6-month stats:
Weight: 15 lbs 2 oz (10th %)
Height: 26.5 in (50th %)
Head: 17 in (40th %)
He's no heavyweight, but Grace weighed this at 1 year!! Ella was just 16 pounds at a year, so he's got both of them beat. He's wearing all 6-12 month clothes, and we just started using Size 3 diapers because he was having too many accidents with the 2's. Ella also wears a 3 :)

Look at how he's grown...
Six Months
Five Months
Four Months
Three Months
Two Months
One Month

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Man, he's towering over that bear!

I wish I'd taken pictures like this of Stevie. We did with Ava... every month for the first year we put her on the corner of the rug with her little stuffed cat. How fun to see the difference a year makes!

Shhh... don't tell - but we're thinking about a third ;)

Anna said...

We had the same baby food problem with Tommy even though we started with veggies, but he turned into an awesome eater when we switched to "real food". Have you tried mashed up avocados? It sounds gross but I have heard babies really like them mixed with mashed bananas (we never tried).

We're early risers over here these days as well....