This completely melts my heart! Grace and Travis attended their first daddy-daughter dance tonight, and it was quite a production. Last weekend, Grace and I went shopping for a new dress. It was very surreal, and I know we'll have many of these special trips in the future. She liked the first dress she tried on, but as soon as she put the second one on, her face just lit up and she was so giddy. She exclaimed, "This is the one!" After selecting a new headband, necklace and shoes, she was all set. She looked forward to the dance all week and told anyone and everyone about it. I loved, loved, loved helping her get ready. She showered, had her nails painted and hair blow dried, and put on a touch of blush and lip gloss. She is a girly girl after my own heart!
I will never forget seeing Grace and Travis walk downstairs together. They both looked stunning and were so happy. Just look at my precious girl!


Look at how giddy!
Ella did not want to be left out. She cried when they left.
These two are such a sweet pair! Grace originally wanted Travis to wear a bow tie with his tuxedo, but then she was thrilled that he had a tie that matched her dress--from our wedding no less!
They didn't get home until 10:00 p.m., and Grace was exhausted. She went straight to bed and slept in this morning. They had a blast and are already looking forward to next time!



No comments:
Post a Comment