Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sutton is 2 Months Old!

Updated with stats...

I just love this silly smile!  We've had big changes around here this month, most of which make me smile.  Sweet Sutton has fallen into a great eat-wake-sleep cycle. He did this on his own, which was surprising for me because (1) Grace never did it (I hadn't read "Baby Wise" yet, so I didn't know how easy it could make things), and (2) Ella put up a huge fight when I tried it with her.  But, he's generally eating every 3 hours. When he's awake, he's full of smiles and "ah-goos" and is so playful.  He likes playing on the Baby Einstein mat, which is great, except that Ella always makes a beeline for him.  See below...
At night, his first "round" of sleep generally lasts about 5 hours (9 pm-2 am). Then, he goes back down until about 5:30 for another feeding.  And, most mornings, he's up again at 6-6:30; he's not hungry, but just wants to cuddle. I'm happy to oblige this because as I keep reminding Travis, Sutton is my last baby and I want to savor every minute of his snuggliness :)  He's been sleeping in the pack 'n play in our room, but I think we're going to move him to his nursery this weekend.  Makes me sad, but I need to start getting ready for my return to work next month. Gabby is trying to figure out a morning routine for all three of them. Yesterday, she took him upstairs with her to get the girls dressed, and he fell asleep like this on Gracie's bed:
Hey, whatever works.  And, yes, he really likes to be swaddled that tight :)

The girls are still in love with him.  Every day, Grace tells him, "I'm going to marry you, little buddy!"  Ella smothers him, literally.  She leans over and blows raspberries on his tummy, squeezes him tight and smooshes his head with kisses. We're constantly reminding her to be gentle; she'll say, "Gentoo," but then goes right back to what she was doing.  Travis says she's just toughening him up.  We'll see.  He is getting some revenge on them, I suppose, because I pull gobs of their hair out of his hands each day.  Oh, little brother, are you in for a ride!
He has grown so much this month.  I'll get his stats tomorrow at his 2-month checkup, but I know he's gained weight because he's outgrowing his 0-3 month clothes.  Grace and Ella wore this size up until 6 months!  He's starting to kick more with his feet and likes his hands near his face.  Travis also discovered that he likes to clap his hands (or really, have you try to clap his hands for him)...
Here's a growth chart to show the difference between one and two months.

Two months
One month

Here are Sutton's latest stats:
Weight: 10 lbs 10 oz (25th %)
Height: 23 1/4 in (55%)
Head: 15 1/2 in (30%)
Dr. D said he looked great at his checkup and is growing consistently along the charts.  Poor baby got three shots, but didn't cry for long.  

1 comment:

Candie said...

Michelle,
he's just so cute! I got to keep a 12 week old little boy today...precous. keep us in your prayers. this is our first of 3 cycles of artificial insemination. So far the cycle is going fabulous (unlike October's cycle) so God willing it'll happen this month!