Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Worth Recording

This morning before Ella and I went to Little Gym, Sutton woke up from his nap in the swing, and Ella declared, "I want to hold it."  So we let her hold it--I mean, him.  I'm not sure either of them enjoyed it much, but it's a start.  I'm sure she'll get more practice, and maybe eventually she'll learn how to not squish him.  
After Little Gym, I took Grace to pick out new ballet and tap shoes.  She has dance camp next week and lessons starting next month.  She tried on shoes, and then, we explored the rest of the store.  I was absolutely not surprised that she fell in love with two new leotards.  She wanted the black one for herself, but told the girl at the checkout counter that the pink one, "is for my baby sister."  She obviously knows how much Ella wants to be just like her.  When we got home, Ella took one look at Grace's new digs and said, "I want it, too!"  She promptly put on one of the outfits, tugged on my leg and declared, "Pitcher?  In my chair?"  So, I got my camera and took her picture in her chair.  Is she not adorable?
And, here's Grace posing in the other new leotard.  She's so excited about camp next week, not only because she gets to dress up and loves to dance, but because her best friends Emily and Avery (yes, A-berry for those of you who remember that story) will be there, also.  
Another cute incident worth recording?  Before her nap, I found Ella like this...
She wants to be the baby sometimes, but then tonight, she said very matter-of-factly, "I a big girl!"  She's definitely in an in-between stage right now, wanting so much to do everything herself, but still wanting to be babied.

1 comment:

The Fisher's said...

Too cute. I love reading about your family. They are all beautiful and you look amazing. Totally jealous.