More funny things I don't want to forget.
Ella is the queen of all messes, especially when she eats. She still likes sitting in a highchair most of the time, so she and Sutton take turns in it. If he leaves even the tiniest bit of food on it, she freaks out. "Keen it, mama. It's berry, berry gwoss. Get a wipee."
Ella also loves to be covered up with a blanket, or as she calls it, "cubbits." As in, "Mama, I nee some cubbits." She has three blankets that she absolutely must have when she sleeps: "bwanket," "Raffie" (a giraffe blanket) and "Misser Cheetah" (a pink cheetah print blanket).
Ella is also very concerned about people, especially when they're eating or drinking. She asks, "Daddy, you like Coke? You like it? You like chicken? You like it? You like it, Daddy?" Coke = anything other than water, milk or juice (the only things she can have). "Oooh, Mama. You eat supper. You like it? You like supper?"
Ella loves books and has finally developed enough patience to sit through longer books. Some of her favorites right now include: "Itchy One" (Today I Feel Silly by Jamie Lee Curtis; she calls curly hair "itchy hair," and the girl in the book has curly hair), "Pinkawicious" (Pinkalicious), and "Markers" (this is a preschool prep book of Grace's that Grace once put a bookmark in; I guess bookmark = markers).
The other day, we were looking at a poster of some high school football players. Ella pointed to one kid and asked, "Mama, what's that?" I said, "That's a boy." She then pointed to a boy with long hair and said, "Yeah, and that's a mama boy."
Other cute things Ella says:
"Meer, I show you sun ting." (meer = come here)
"How 'bout...." (her way of making a suggestion)
"Mmmm-hmmm" (accompanied by a head shake, this is how she expresses her agreement; I catch myself saying this constantly, so I know where she gets it)
Grace contemplates everything, and apparently she's been thinking about having babies. The other day, she said, "Mama, I hope you don't die before I have babies because I know you want to see what I name them." I replied, "I also hope I don't die before you have babies, but I thought you were going to name your little girl Isabelle." She said, "Isabelle is a beautiful name, but the name I'm going to pick is even more beautiful than that!"
The other night after their bath, Grace told me to put clothes on Sutton because "I don't want to snuggle with a nekkid boy."
Grace and I had so much fun at the movies watching "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs." So, when it was finally released on DVD, Travis went right out and bought it. Grace loves watching it and calls it "Enchanted Meatballs."



1 comment:
I loved that post. Our little ones' speech makes me laugh more than anything else they do....that, and their expressions. Thanks for the website. I eat pretty healthy actually - but I noticed a lot of talk about accupuncture along side that article. Ever heard anything about that?
Post a Comment