Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Unbelievably, I have only taken one picture since Christmas (see below). I've really just tried to enjoy my babies and decompress from the holidays. And, it took me this long to get all my Christmas pictures (several hundred of them) edited and select ones for the blog. I'm finally caught up--ahhhh (big sigh of relief).

We had a very low key New Years Eve. Grambi and Papa Jim came over to watch the kiddos, but Travis and I didn't leave the house until 10 o'clock. Grace and Ella were still awake watching movies! We left and joined our friends Michelle and Colby for a super fun New Years soiree, complete with a countdown and champagne toast.

I started a fun tradition this year for New Years Day. From now on, the "boy team" (which is how Grace refers to Travis and Sutton) will stay home and watch football. The "girl team" (me, Grace and Ella) will go to the movies. Unfortunately, Ella is still a little too squirmy to sit through a whole movie, and she doesn't like things that are "too woud" (loud). So, she stayed home with the boy team, while Grace and I saw "The Princess and the Frog." I honestly didn't expect much, but it was so good! The music is wonderful, and the characters are really endearing. Our favorite is Ray, the Cajun firefly. It gave me the itch to get back to New Orleans sometime soon.
When Grace and I got home, I made my famous black-eyed peas. I'm really not a black-eyed pea fan, but this recipe is amazing and will bring good luck all year!

No comments: