What a wonderful surprise to wake up to snow on Christmas morning! We took full advantage of it and had lots of fun playing in it, but more on that later...

Our Christmas morning started around 7:30 when the girls woke up. They were still a little sleepy, but eager to see if Santa had really come. Indeed he had!
Grace's wish list this year included a real pink guitar (check), a Sleeping Beauty costume (check), a real computer (no check) and a gold Prada purse (no check, but I can't blame her for having such expensive taste; she saw one at NorthPark and wanted it; until Santa starts leaving me Prada purses, I think she's out of luck). Santa surprised her with a new (but retro looking) big girl bike!
Ella didn't have a list this year and would have been content to just play with Grace's stuff (including the new bike), but Santa still delivered some fun things, like an Elmo book, a pink airplane (the girl is fascinated by planes, cars and trains), and some costumes. She also had a blast opening gifts and kept demanding, "Mama. Take a pitcha!"
Ella definitely gets the award for most Christmas spirit. Her first reaction when she saw all the gifts was, "Santa Cwause, I wuv you!!" Precious and priceless. All day, she told everyone, "Mewy Cwissmiss!" Grace, however, got a little overwhelmed I think, which necessitated a little talk about having a good attitude and being thankful.
Sutton was a total joy on his first Christmas. I know he won't remember it, but I will always remember how excited he was to play in the paper, bows and boxes. And, he finally got some boy toys!

We had a fabulous morning opening and playing with our new gifts. Santa and our families are so generous, and we ended up with soooo much fun stuff--so much that I had to do a "toy clean out" that weekend to make room for it all. I mean, 14 new dress up outfits with shoes, jewelry, crowns and wands to match?! Not to mention countless books for our ever growing library, clothes and games. I'm glad Christmas only comes once a year.
Grace testing her new makeup
Ella taking control of Sutton's car/walker
Playing together nicely
Loving on her new Barbie and sparkly purse (not quite the gold Prada, but close enough)

Sutton was thrilled with his new stacking cups
Miss Christmas 2009

The perfect real pink guitar

Trying on one of my dollar store stocking stuffers from Santa
Silly Grace
Mmmm mmmm, a healthy breakfast--M&Ms, a rice crispie treat and a lollipop
The adults actually had a delicious breakfast of hashbrown casserole and cinnamon rolls. Probably not healthy, but certainly acceptable for Christmas morning. This is the second year we've done it, and we've decided its a winning tradition. After breakfast, it was time for some fun in the snow. We wanted to get out in it before it melted, and boy, it sure was cold!!
All bundled up (with pajamas as a snowsuit)

I love this picture

It cracks me up that the first thing Grace and Ella did was eat the snow

They made their first snow angels

Grace and Travis had a snowball fight

Grace and Chachi played "Run Around You Can't Catch Me"
Then, all of a sudden, Grace realized how cold she was and she was DONE!
Once inside, they had more fun playing with their loot. Ella loved her umbrella-ella-ella



We lazed around all morning, and once the girls finally got dressed, they anxiously waited for the rest of the family to join us for Christmas lunch.
Ella took her seat before anyone else. The girl was starving after such a healthy breakfast. I realized that most 2-year-olds don't sit in highchairs, but she prefers this and it keeps her contained.
Here's an example of Ella's sweet spirit. Without prompting, she began to share her lunch with Grandma.
More family = more presents. Sutton was happy to have more paper to play in, and he loved his new jammies.


Christmas with children is so magical and fun. I'm sad that it's over and can't wait until next year!




No comments:
Post a Comment