I haven't always had a green thumb, but I think my luck must be changing. Along with an assortment of beautiful flowers, we've got a very nice vegetable and herb garden growing in our backyard.
I started with this container garden and expanded from there.
Grace and I planted this okra only three days before I took this picture. She was beyond thrilled to see the new growth so quickly!
Chives- delicious on scrambled eggs
Oregano- mixed with lemon juice, olive oil and brown sugar, makes a wonderful marinade for chicken
Rosemary- smells divine and also pairs well with chicken and veggie kabobs
Sutton- my tasty little helper who prefers the taste of dirt
Basil- amazing with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, balsamic vinegar and olive oil
Hothouse tomatoes- not ripe enough yet, but will be delicious as described above
Cherry tomatoes- yummy right off the vine with a little sea salt
Spearmint- also very tasty right off the vine
Mint- yummy with couscous, tomatoes and cucumbers
Sutton again- I could eat him just like this, covered in dirt and smelling like a boy



No comments:
Post a Comment