In keeping with tradition around here, we celebrated Sutton's first birthday with a huge party for 40 people and yummy Mexican food. I had so much fun decorating for this party and making special treats for my baby boy.
These banners were my favorite, and I had been planning the monthly picture banner before he was even born. I have a ton of pictures of all my babies, but I can't believe my third child is the only one with monthly pictures taken in the same chair with the same pose each time. I loved being able to display them this way.
These cupcakes and toppers were yummy and fun to make!
I gave up on a bakery cake this year and attempted his smash cake on my own. It was a little lopsided but he didn't mind at all.
Four dozen of my "famous" sugar cookies served as party favors set next to Sutton's Goodnight Moon guest book. It's been his favorite story for the past year.
Me and my sweet birthday boy.
Both of my sweet boys.
Grace loves parties and was happy to be surrounded by so many people. Here, I think she was trying to convince Chachi that she'd enough enough dinner to get a sweet treat.
Ella wasn't feeling well, so she didn't have nearly as much fun as she should have.
Our usually smiley Sutton didn't want to flash his pearly whites, so we got his attention for pictures with his favorite trick. He loves the Baby Einstein Mirror Me book, especially the part that says, "Look at frog stick out his long pink tongue!" We've read the story to him so many times that anytime he hears that phrase, he sticks out his own tongue. He thinks it's so funny, and so do we!

Watching each of my babies blow out a candle and enjoy birthday cake for the first time is incredibly special for me. Grace was very shy about the whole thing. She only took a few bites and didn't like getting messy. Ella was a total ham and devoured the whole cake, signing for "more" after she was done. Sutton was very calm and took his sweet time. He ate more icing than anything and seemed to wonder what the fuss was all about.
After about 30 minutes, he was done and ready for a bath. As I was wiping him off, he was signing for more :)
Not long after his bath, he was ready for a bottle and bed. I wanted a family picture, but no one would cooperate until after Sutton was asleep, so this is what we got--a great picture, minus the birthday boy!
Thankfully, Ella started feeling better as the evening progressed.
Overall, Sutton's birthday party was a success, and we're so blessed to have such wonderful people to celebrate with.



1 comment:
Gorgeous fam 'chele!! So amazing how quickly they've all grown! So fun to keep up in pictures and watch as our lives unfold...
Happy Birthday Sutton!!
Post a Comment