Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Fifth Mothers' Day

Even as a little girl, I dreamed of being a mother. I wondered what my children would look like, what their names would be and if I would be good at it. Now, I know all these things, and it's even more wonderful than I ever imagined. As I celebrated my fifth mothers' day, I thanked God for allowing me to fulfill my dream.
I'm also thankful to be surrounded by many other wonderful mothers who also love my children.
Sutty did not want his picture taken. He was more than ready for a nap after church. I am even thankful for moments like this...
Homemade gifts also make mothers' day special. Grace's teachers told me she carefully chose colors that she thought I would like, and Ella surprised her teachers by actually smiling for a picture at school!
My other gift was an ice cream maker, and my sweet husband served up two delicious batches, one vanilla and one chocolate, after our yummy lunch, lovingly prepared (or picked up) by him from Jimmy's Italian Market.

After Sutton woke up from his nap and had his lunch, we let him open his birthday gifts from the big party. He had more fun climbing on the boxes than anything, but he had fun playing with lots of new boy stuff.
I loved spending the day with my three angels who make my dreams come true everyday.

No comments: