

Six months old
One year old
Eighteen months old
Two years old
Two-and-a-half years old
Three years old
She blesses us everyday with her sweet spirit, kind words and caring nature. She's silly and playful and wakes up happy. She doesn't get out of bed by herself, but wakes us up each morning with, "Mommy! Daddy!" until someone goes to get her. She loves fruit and granola for breakfast. She likes "Dora the Explorer" and "Jack's Big Music Show" in the morning. She loves her sister and has learned so much about sharing in the past year. She only drinks water or milk and has never finished an entire juice box. Her favorite snacks are graham crackers, cheese bunnies, and raisins. She loves chocolate and ice cream (favorite flavors: mint chocolate chip or Haagen Daaz chocolate chocolate chip). For lunch, she likes jelly sandwiches (she's allergic to peanuts) in the shape of a flower or a butterfly. She loves fruits and vegetables, including broccoli, edamame, artichokes, mushrooms, and onions. She does not like cheese. For dinner, she likes spaghetti, but will eat whatever I cook. She loves calamari. She enjoys playing at the park, especially the swings and the slides. She likes going for walks. She loves to color, paint, sing and dance. She loves to take showers. Her favorite movies are "Wizard of Oz," "Cinderella" and "Annie." She knows almost all the words to every song. She's a wonderful mommy to her Lamby and tells us when Lamby needs a bath. She talks ALL the time, in complete, fully understandable, multi-word sentences. In fact, most people can't believe she's so young because she speaks like a big kid. She constantly surprises us with things she knows. She is very observant and takes clues from people's faces and tones of voice. She worries about things, like whether someone is mad or isn't feeling well. She doesn't forget ANYTHING. She remembers very clearly details about when Ella was born, when she broke her leg, and her 2nd birthday party. She loves God. She tells us that she can feel Him. At night, she likes to watch "Little Bear" and then read books. Her favorites are Bible stories, Pinkalicious, Fancy Nancy, and the Little Critter and Berenstain Bears series. After we read, we turn out the lights and pray with her. Then, we play Favorite Part. I ask her what her favorite part of the day was, and before she answers, she always says, "No, what was your favorite part?" Then, she asks Travis about his favorite part, and then, she'll tell us hers. Usually, it's something like, "When you came home to see me." Then, we ask each other what their sad part of the day was. Her sad parts often involve food, like not being able to eat candy. Next, Travis kisses her and tells her goodnight and I cuddle "for 5 minutes" then kiss her and tell her goodnight. She says things like, "I love you, Mommy! Love you Daddy! Hope you're feeling better! Sweet dreams! See you in the morning!" I always tell her how much I love her and that Jesus and Daddy love her, too.
Each day is a gift. I wish she could stay this age forever because she's so sweet and loving. I tell her that I don't want her to get big and not need me. She says that she'll always need me and that she'll always be my baby. I hope so. Happy Birthday, sweet Gracie girl. Oh, how you are loved!



1 comment:
Oh Michelle,
It's amazing how motherly love bonds us as women. Your thoughts, feelings, and things that Gracie does sounds so familiar only everything for us is in "blue". Oh ya, you can also scrath the mushrooms! The post brought tears to my eyes. I too wish time would stand still. The 3-year-old stage has been my favorite so far.
Take care.
Candie
Post a Comment