Saturday, November 1, 2008

She Says the Funniest Things

In the spirit of trying to remember things, Gracie said something so funny today on our way home from lunch...
G: I just want to be a mama.
Me: Well, you have to get married first, and then, you can be a mama.
G: But, I don't want to get married. I just want to be a mama.
Me: I understand, but you can't be a mama until you get married. Those are the rules.
G: But, I don't want to get married!
Me: Why not?
G: Well, Mommy, you said that I can't marry Daddy, and now I can't find a boy!
Me: Oh, honey. Don't worry about that now. You have plenty of time to find a boy. Like, at least 20 years.
G: But, I can't find one.
Me: Gracie, you have plenty of time to find a boy. Daddy and I will even help you do it.
G: Okay. But, I just want to marry Daddy.
Also, we talk to her about God a lot, and how He made her and loves her so much. One night before bed, she said, "Mommy, I feel God. He's walking around in my throat. Like, my throat is a sidewalk."
Another night, she said, "Mommy, I can't go to sleep because I'm scared." I explained to her that Jesus' angels are always with her and will protect her and that there's nothing to be afraid of. I told her that if she ever feels scared, she can call on Jesus to protect her. About 5 minutes later, Travis and I heard her talking through the monitor. She said, "Jesus, I'm scared, okay? So, I need You and Your angels to protect me, okay?"

No comments: