Monday, November 3, 2008

A Pinkalicious Party

One of Grace's favorite books is Pinkalicious, so we decided to have a Pinkalicious 3rd birthday party at Pump It Up Jr. The book is about a girl who eats too many pink cupcakes and turns pink. To return to normal, she has to eat green food. While most kids balk at green food, Grace actually loves it--from broccoli, to green beans, to snap peas, to edamame, to artichokes, to olives. I decided to take this theme and run with it. So, it started with the perfect Pinkalicious outfit.
We even asked all the guests to wear pink, and most of them (including my dad) did! Next, I ordered pink cupcakes that looked just like the ones in the book, and a pink cake (with a little green thrown in for good measure). We had a tray of pink food (pink grapefruit, watermelon and strawberries) and green food (green grapes, broccoli and cucumbers) with green ranch dressing. To drink? Pink lemonade, of course.
Next, we decorated the tables with pink tablecloths, tissue paper, plates, napkins, forks and pink balloons. I set out pink M&Ms and jelly beans and even made party hats out of pink paper and maribou feathers. For party favors, the girls got pink bags filled with a pink crown, tutu and ring and Pinakalicious coloring pages. The boys got green bags filled with pirate stuff (not really with the theme, but still fun). We had all the guests sign her Pinkalicious book, and she'll be able to have that as a reminder of her party. Overall, it was a huge success! I didn't take many pictures, but I know some family members did, so I'll have to post more later. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sibi said...

Happy Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! What an absolutely adorable birthday party. And the guest of honor? Well, she should be on the cover of the next Pinkalicious book!! What a doll baby!

So glad to hear you tried those pumpkin muffins! Did they make your whole house smell like fall? I am planning to make another big batch this weekend. My family will eat the entire dozen!

Thank you for your sweet comment and I will visit again soon. I am still trying to catch up on everything! Loved reading your blog
and love the way your love those girls. You are a really special
Mother....


Happy Weekend!!!

Sebi