Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Giving Thanks

I have so many reasons to be thankful this year. Here's my Top 10 list:

1. Jesus- I'm so thankful that God loved me enough to send his Son to die on the cross for my sins. I'm fortunate to have known Jesus for as long as I can remember. I'm thankful that I'm able to talk to him daily through prayer, and I'm thankful for both answered and unanswered prayers.

2. Travis- After almost 10 years together, he still has my heart. He is so supportive and encouraging, especially on days when I feel guilty about being a working mom. He's quick to tell me what a great job I'm doing and how much he and our girls appreciate it. And, he's an amazing father. I'm so proud of him!

3. My babies/my fertility- All three of them! I've been blessed with two healthy girls who exude God's goodness every day. I'm so excited about meeting this third little miracle and pray God's protection over him/her and this pregnancy. As for my fertility, I'm so thankful to be a "fertile Myrtle" and to never have experienced the heartache of infertility.

4. My family- I have an amazing set of parents, siblings, in-laws and extended family. I'm thankful that we get to see each other so often and that they love me, Travis, and our girls so much.

5. Gabby- God truly sent us an angel when he brought Gabby into our lives. Each day, she comes into our home, takes care of our girls, and loves them as much as we do. I couldn't ask for more.

6. Friends- I love knowing that I have old friends and new friends who truly care about me and my family. I love spending "time" with them, even if it is sometimes through phone calls, emails and blogs.

7. My home- I'm thankful to have a home to make memories in. I love everything about it, but especially that it's often the gathering place for those I love.

8. Health- I'm thankful that I'm healthy, and that I have a healthy husband, kids, families and friends. Life is precious, and I'm glad we can fully enjoy it.
9. My job- In this uncertain economy, I'm thankful to have a job. I'm thankful that I'm able to use my 19 1/2 years of schooling (and several thousand dollars in student loans) to provide a valuable service to people, and I'm thankful to have co-workers that I enjoy being around everyday.
10. This blog- I love being able to share our lives with our friends, especially those that we don't get to see often. I hope you enjoy it, too!
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: