Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Happenings

We spent Thanksgiving day in Rockwall with Travis' family, enjoying delicious food and the Cowboys game. I forgot to bring my camera, but I did manage just one pic before we left the house...
On Friday, we headed to Austin to spend time with the Cramers- my grandparents, parents, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, great aunt and uncle and cousins. The girls loved climbing the carpeted stairs at my grandparents' house, especially Ella because she doesn't get to "play" on the stairs at home.

Our weekend revolved around food. We ate yummy, creative turkey leftovers- turkey noodle soup and King Ranch turkey and plenty of desserts, and even stopped by the Magnolia Cafe for lunch. It was great to spend time with family, especially while bonding over food. Unfortunately, my camera ran out of battery life on Friday night, so I'm without pictures of the festivities.

We were all exhausted when we got home on Sunday, but we put the girls down for their naps and got right to work with taking down our fall decorations and replacing them with Christmas stuff. Travis worked on the outside decor and got both trees up for me. I finished trimming one tree, but haven't gotten around to the other one yet. Hopefully, everything will be done this weekend. I also put up our stockings, including the "extra" one that I ordered last year for a future baby. Little did I know that we'd have a #3 so soon! I guess I'll have to wait to have it monogrammed. Grace and Ella awoke to a house full of Christmas, and Grace was especially excited about the Christmas tree in our front room (the finished one). Ella just exclaimed, "Ights! Ights!" when she saw it. How fun to have two babies to celebrate the season with this year!

No comments: