Two years ago, Grace and I started baking and decorating Christmas sugar cookies. She was only 13 months old at the time, but we had a blast and she loved eating them. Yesterday, we continued the tradition. She was very particular about doing things by herself this year, as she is most days now. She wanted things done just so, but was a great help. And, as always, she tasted everything along the way (cookie dough, icing, sprinkles out of the jar). 
Here's the final result!

Here's the final result!
Now, let me explain something about her outfit. When I bought it, I wasn't sure if she'd like it because it does not contain a speck of pink. But, it's super soft and I thought it would make a good play outfit. Wow--did I ever underestimate myself! Not only does she like it, she loves it. She calls it "the black one" and would seriously wear it everyday if we let her. In fact, she wore it on Saturday and Sunday and even threw a fit on Saturday because Travis had forgotten to take it out of the washing machine. Sometimes, Gabby even purposefully doesn't wash it, so that Grace won't be able to wear it several times a week. She even says, "When it gets too small for me, you can give it to Ella and buy me a bigger one." I'm not so sure Ella will ever be able to wear it because it will be so faded and worn out by then!
Here's Ella tasting her first sugar cookie...
Do you think she liked it?
Sure enough! What a perfect smile! Yes, I realize my child is topless, but she'd just eaten 5 bowls of turkey noodle soup (yes, FIVE bowls), a good amount of which escaped her bib and ended up under her shirt. And, since it was almost bedtime, she spent the rest of the evening letting her skin air out :)
Do you think she liked it?
Sure enough! What a perfect smile! Yes, I realize my child is topless, but she'd just eaten 5 bowls of turkey noodle soup (yes, FIVE bowls), a good amount of which escaped her bib and ended up under her shirt. And, since it was almost bedtime, she spent the rest of the evening letting her skin air out :)


No comments:
Post a Comment