
Sutton had a great month, although the holidays made it fly by too quickly. He continues to thrive and is still the happiest baby I've ever known. He's sleeping regularly through the night, usually from 7:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. He wakes up wanting half of a bottle and then gets a little "only child" time in before the girls wake up. He waits until the girls eat to have his real breakfast, so our mornings are hectic trying to get everyone fed at the same time. Sutton is usually content with Cheerios or puffs until he sees the girls eating, and then he wants oatmeal or brown rice cereal mixed with fruit.
He's still not a huge fan of baby food veggies, but guess what he does love? Minestrone, chili and refried beans! Apparently, the boy likes things with a little flavor and the baby food is just too bland. I'm happy to feed him my famous minestrone (pureed, of course) with tomatoes, onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, spinach, peas and navy beans. And, chili? Seriously? He loves it!
And, since he eats so much, he also poops so much. I've never seen this much poop in my life. His diapers don't always do a good job of containing it, so he gets lots of sink baths when the mess is too much to handle. Not some of my favorite parenting moments, but it comes with the job, right?
He also loves baths in the big tub, and splashes away the whole time. Most of the time, we bathe all three of them together. It works out great until he gets knocked over and gets a huge gulp of water. Then, he's DONE. Occasionally, he gets the big tub all to himself...
Sutton seems like such a little chunk because the girls were always so small. I love his buddha belly and cankles. He's wearing a size 4 diaper this month, but only because Gabby accidentally bought the wrong size. And, he's outgrowing lots of his clothes. I'm trying to stretch out his current wardrobe until I have to by spring clothes, but I'm not sure my plan is going to work.
No teeth yet, but lots of drool (see below). He chews on everything, but his favorite chew toys are his own (or mine or Travis') fingers and hands.

He added "dada," "ga" and "baba" to his vocabulary this month. Mixed with "mama," these are such sweet sounds. And, to get our attention he squeals and grunts, and if we don't follow his instructions, his squeals turn into screams, followed by cries. Sutton is a really fast crawler, and his latest obsession is crawling under the table and pulling up on the window sills and chairs.

He's also practiced his walking, but we're not pushing it. I'm not ready for it.

Sutton and Baylor continue to have a sweet relationship. Sutton loves having a big buddy to crawl all over.
What an amazing baby boy. We love him more each day and are thankful for such a perfect gift!
Eight Months

Seven Months

Six Months

Five Months

Four Months

Three Months

Two Months
One Month




4 comments:
Happy New Year!
Your baby boy is absolutely precious!!!!!! And so are the girls! It looks like you all had an absolutely wonderful Christmas together! Hope that all is well and
that you have a blessed 2010!
Sibi
He is so adorable. He is always happy in pictures. What a cutie!!
I have a feeling Lainey & Sutton could be great friends!! :)
I have to admit that I posted this month's update as "Seven is Heaven" until I read your post and realized in shock that she's actually 8 months old!!! UGGG...mommy mush brain strikes again! I'm glad you're keeping me on my toes! :)
Enjoying keeping up with you guys this way ---- you have such a sweet little family! :0
Please hug everyone...and give your parents and siblings my best!
awww, your little sutton is getting so big!! :) he's adorable!
summer (the photographer!) :)
Post a Comment