Travis and I enjoyed a long weekend in Punta Mita, Mexico with our friends the McNeills. We had originally planned to go last year to celebrate mine and Jen's "0" birthdays, but I got pregnant and ruined it :) So, the day after my birthday, we flew free (thanks to the American Airlines card) to the lovely Four Seasons Punta Mita. It was just as amazing as the first time, and actually even better because we brought friends. We spent three full days relaxing and reading by the pool and beach, eating and drinking (maybe too much of both), laughing and talking. Thanks to our wonderful families, we knew our kids (all six of them) were well taken care of. How blessed that we were able to have some baby-free fun!

One of the best parts of the trip was the whale watching. I didn't even know the whales would be in Mexico while we were there, but we spent the evenings watching them on our porch and then had a very close encounter during our fishing trip. Even though we didn't catch any fish, we saw a mama whale and her two babies breeching and were so close that we got sprayed with water! It was amazingly peaceful and was one of those "there really is a God" moments that I'll never forget. I left my camera that day, but Jen took at least a hundred pictures that I still need to get from her. Overall, it was a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday!



No comments:
Post a Comment