Sunday, February 7, 2010

Yummy Treats

I have so much blogging to catch up on, including: Travis' birthday, my birthday, a mini-vacation in Mexico, lots of sickness and a dress-up birthday party, but I have hundreds of pictures to edit. So, here's a fun little recipe the girls and I tried together today that was yummy and blogworthy.

Start with a package of Oreos, and don't forget to eat a couple to make sure they're fresh.
Put the cookies into plastic bags, and then crush the cookies into crumbs.
Pour them into a bowl and keep crushing until they're very fine.
Mix in a package of softened cream cheese.
Unwrap 16 squares of Bakers Semi-Sweet chocolate (two boxes).
Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Have a little taste (watch out because it's hot).
Add some smiles.
Don't forget to have fun.
Roll the cookie and cream cheese mixture into 1-inch balls (and keep testing the chocolate).
This is what you'll have.
Add some love. Kisses and hugs work well.
Roll the balls into the melted chocolate in small batches. Take them out with a fork and place them back on the cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Sprinkle on some sprinkles.
Put your cookie sheet in the fridge to cool for at least an hour, and ta da---Oreo truffles!! So yummy that someone had to sneak a couple before the girls noticed :)
These were delicious and easy. Grace and Ella are giving them to their teachers for Valentines day!

4 comments:

Swartz's Scribbles said...

yum. I want one of those right now. Your girls are so sweet.

Shalayne said...

Yummy and precious! I now have my Valentine's cookie. Thanks for sharing.
*Shalayne

Pj Heldoorn said...

Do you have any left-overs? Can I come over for a taste-test please :)

Red Fish said...

Ok I confess I am a blog stalker. Love to read your comments and watch the kids grow up. Pretty amazing!! Cannot wait to try the recipe!
Carol