Ella is having her tonsils removed on Thursday at noon. She's been having trouble breathing at night and snores like an old man. It wakes her up constantly, and as a result, she's usually tired and often crabby. I thought it might just be the "terrible twos," but when a pediatric ENT saw her enormous tonsils, his first response was, "Those tonsils need to come out!"
She doesn't understand exactly what's happening, but she says, "I get tonsils out. I feel much better." We sure hope so, sweet girl.
We would very much appreciate your prayers. I know a tonsillectomy isn't major surgery, but I think any surgery on a 22-pound 2-year-old is pretty major. And, they'll be keeping her overnight. Please pray for all the doctors and nurses involved and that the surgery goes smoothly without complications. Also pray for a quick recovery and that the surgery cures her sleeping problems. Thank you!



5 comments:
Aww, many prayers coming your way Ella... be BRAVE for the big day - and don't worry... I hear you get to eat lots of ice cream and jello when it's all said and done!
Be strong Michele! It's always heartbreaking when our children undergo stuff they don't understand - but each life experience makes them who they are :) **hugs!**
10:35pm - Praying surgery went well and miss Ella is healing comfortably! :) I remember having mine out - it was one of only two times I missed Sutton Co Days in my entire life!!!!
Prayers and love coming your way! :)
KB
Thank you Lord for a successful surgery! I pray that Ella continues to heal. Hope she is already getting more sleep than before.
Mrs. Spillman,
I wrote you back on my blog about the white furniture. Your children are precious. So glad I found your blog. Share some of your recipes with us. I see that you cook 5 times a week.... that is wonderful!
Hope Ella is feeling good.
Jennifer
I hope all went well with Ella's surgery last week and that she's recovering quickly and feeling like her sweet little self again. And getting lots of great sleep as a result! You and she will be so glad to have this done - mine should have come out as a kid, but we never did it, and I have had lots of doctors tell me that it would have been beneficial. Plus, I'm sure at this age the only thing she'll remember is all of the yummy ice cream! :)
Post a Comment