Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Funnies #8

From Grace:

1. One Sunday afternoon, I put all three munchkins down for their naps, and after cleaning up the house, I sat down on the couch for a little Food Network entertainment and some "alone" time (T was mowing the yard). I then heard the pitter patter of little feet, and Grace declared, "I woke up early from my nap so I could keep you company. I knew you must be lonely because all your kids were asleep."

2. While we were watching of our favorite Food Network shows, Grace said, "Daddy should be on that show because he makes the best noodles ever!"

3. As she was getting ready for bed one night, Grace said, "This is the best toothpaste in the world because it's the kind Daddy gives at his office and he's the best dentist in the world."

4. After dinner at Chuy's, we were walking by the Elvis fountain, and Grace asked, "Who is that?" I explained, "People call him the King." Her response: "Elvis is king? I thought Jesus was King."

5. Lately, she and Ella have been really interested in hearing about when they were babies. Along those lines, she said, "I remember the food you ate when I was in your belly, and it was good!" And, "When I was a baby, I drank breast milk. Then, I got to drink chocolate milk."

6. We've had a ton of mosquitoes in our backyard lately, and they love Grace and Sutton the most. Grace observed, "Mosquitoes love me because I'm beautiful, sweet and tasty!"

7. While helping me cook one day, Grace said, "Butter is a good ingredient." Yes, it is!

8. I made Grace a PB&J sandwich, and then she asked me to cut off the crusts. So, I did and then proceeded to eat them. She said, "I'm a girl who doesn't like crusts. You're a girl who does like crusts."

From Ella:

1. Ella epitomizes "2" right now. She can be such a little toot sometimes, but she's also the sweetest little love. She always tells me, "Mommy, you so bidiful!" (aka beautiful) She tells Sutton, "Hey, Sutty Sut Sut. You so cuuuuute!"

2. After one of Grace's soccer games, we were walking to our car and Ella said, "I had a hard game!"

3. I was telling Ella to stay out of the street and to stay on the sidewalk, and she replied, "God's on the sidewalk. He keeps you safe."

4. As I was tucking her in bed one night, I told her how much Jesus loves her and that she's never alone because He's always with her. She looked at me and said, "Jesus fell off the bed."

5. When she stuck her tongue out at Grace, I instructed her that it's not nice to stick your tongue out at people and that we shouldn't do it. She replied, "Snakes can stick their tongues out. Their mother says yes they can do that."

6. Ella had a rash on her face near her lips and threw the biggest fit when Travis tried to put medicine on it last night. Tonight, she did much better because we showed her how the medicine had started working. But, there were a couple of spots on her chin, so I put medicine on them. She said, "No, that's not ouchies on my chin! That's just a booger!"

And, finally, a cute story about Sutton:

Tonight, Travis caught Sutton drinking the girls' strawberry toothpaste. When he did, Sutton tried to hide behind one of the bow holder in their bathroom. When I walked in, I asked him, "Sutton, are you drinking toothpaste?" He replied, "No." (He says "no" with a Spanish accent because that's how Gabby says it; it's more like nnnn-o than noe) I said, "Sutton, what are you doing?" He replied, "No," and started shaking his head and trying to bury it in the bow holder. I said, "Sutton, let's put the toothpaste away." He replied, "No," and then Ella forcefully grabbed it out of his hands and he fell apart. Stinker!

No comments: