
We celebrated Grace's 5th and Ella's 3rd birthdays with an ice cream party at home. I cannot believe they're turning 5 and 3. Where has the time gone? Our love for them has grown, and so has their love for each other. They are best friends and hate being apart. A double party was the perfect way to celebrate their special days!

I love, love, love planning parties for my babies, and I started on this one almost six months ago. I found their precious tutus at Costco and that established the color scheme. At other birthday parties, Grace always passes up birthday cake in favor of ice cream, so I thought, "Why not just stick with ice cream?" We had chocolate and vanilla milkshakes, an ice cream sundae bar and cupcakes topped with ice cream sprinkles.
Sutton wasn't very excited about this party. His favorite part was the ice cream, and he enjoyed being passed around. He couldn't figure out what the "stuff" was on Gabby's face, much like Ella couldn't last year.
For Grace's guest book this year, I chose "The Kissing Hand." It's about a raccoon whose mother kisses his hand every morning before he goes to school. I kiss Grace's hands every morning so that she'll have my kiss if she misses me. For Ella, I chose "Goldilicious," which is the third installment of the Pinkalicious series. Ella made the big jump away from board books this year, and this was one of her favorites.
This picture is about the sweetest thing I've ever seen.
The weather was beautiful, so the party started outside with playtime in the bounce house and "airport."
Once the kids had burned off some energy, we moved the party inside for milkshakes and crafts. I brainstormed for weeks on a fun craft project, and I finally decided on letting the kids decorate paper ice cream shop hats with markers, crayons, stickers, ice cream cutouts and pom pom cherries. It was simple and made for some cute pictures.

I love our Chief Milkshake Maker. He was so helpful before and during this party. I really couldn't pull these things off without him.
Then, it was time for cupcakes, which I only baked so Grace and Ella would have holders for their candles. They always get so tickled when people sing to them. The attention of 50+ people can be overwhelming!
After saying goodbye to our friends, the girls opened their gifts outside surrounded by close family and friends. They received tons of great things, and our playroom is now restocked!
We ended the day with more bounce house play. It was such a cute party, and the best part is that Grace and Ella had fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment