Thursday, April 9, 2009

1st Easter Party

I co-hosted Grace's first school Easter party today, and it was a great success.  Here are the cupcakes and treats I prepared the night before...
And, here's Grace enjoying the party.
The kids hunted eggs in the front yard of the school, but could only take the eggs with their names on them.  It was "fair" because everyone got the same number of eggs, but I'm not so sure this was such a good idea for 3-year-olds.  Grace can spell and recognize her name, but when it's printed really small and mixed with a ton of other eggs, it was difficult.  She kept asking, "This egg does not say 'Grace.'  What does it say?"  When I'd tell her, she'd take the egg to its "owner" and seemed to take delight in that.  At least she had fun!  And, she didn't mind all the candy she got!
After the party, Grace and I had a lunch date--just the two of us.  She was so sweet and polite, and I loved getting to spend one-on-one time with her!

No comments: