UPDATE: They made it through the night! About 10 minutes after Ella called out for Grace, Grace started calling for her daddy. When he went up to check on her, she said, "I can't sleep with her in here. She's too noisy." Travis looked over, and Ella was fast asleep. She crawled out of bed to see what was going on, but she was totally quiet. Travis got Grace to go back to sleep, and both girls slept quietly all night. This morning, Ella started calling, "Gigi? Gigi? Daddy? Daddy?" Travis went up to get them, and Grace seemed surprised that it was already morning. Way to go girls!
I just have to write this down so that I never forget how warm my heart feels right now. We just moved Ella's bed into Grace's room, thus beginning a new adventure in our house--the sharing of the room. Grace was thrilled about having Ella over for a slumber party, and Ella actually seemed to understand once we got her bed made. We moved her CD player into the room, so that she can continue to fall asleep to her Baby Einstein "Baby Lullabies" music that she's listened to every night since she was 8 weeks old. We read Ella two books, then we all piled into Grace's bed and read two Little Critter books. Ella usually doesn't sit still for Grace's books, but with the four of us snuggled up tight, she put her hand behind her head and listened quietly. When the stories were over, Ella rolled over and gave me a big kiss. I turned out the light, and we played "Favorite Part" just like every night. I can't wait for Ella to be able to tell us her happy and sad parts, too. Next, we prayed, and I asked God to help me remember the special moment. We finished by tucking Ella into her bed, then Grace into hers. As we stepped outside the room, I just felt overwhelmed with happiness. My girls are growing up, and they're such special people. We are truly blessed.
Now, I'm not sure if Ella will be able to sleep through the night in her new room, but you have to start somewhere. As I'm typing this, I just heard Ella say, "Gigi?" Grace replied, "Shhhh!" I think Ella was just checking to see if Grace was still there. Too sweet. Thank you, Lord, for these special gifts!



3 comments:
Oh, that is so sweet! I loved this post! It warmed my heart too:)
Hey, I just wanted to get back to you about the bracelet and......dish? container? i'm not sure what to call it, but you know what i'm talking about. i saw my friend tonight and found out that both gifts came from a store called suzanne's in georgetown (in ky) the bracelet is by heartstrings...anyway, i looked up the number for you. it's 502-570-9866. let me know how it goes. if i can help you in any way just let me know!
That's priceless! Some of my biggest memories are of being in the same room with Kate (of course, she was there till she started high school, but that's a whole other story!). Hope you are feeling well...will you be scheduled - any idea yet?
Post a Comment