For the past couple of weeks, we've been saying the Lord's Prayer at bedtime. Amazingly, both Grace and Ella have memorized it. Ella now asks for it at dinner time, although a couple of nights ago, I really thought she was asking for a "large pear" until Grace said, "No, Mama. She wants to say the Lord's Prayer." I should have known. Ella also instructs us all to "cose a eyes" when we say it.
This is Grace's version: "Our Father, who aren't in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. My kingdom come, I will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trustpasses, as we forgive those who trustpassed against us. And, lead us not into tentation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power and the glory forever. Amen."
This is Ella's version: "Our fadder, are in heben, hallow be dye name. Dye kingdom come, will be done on earth as in heben. Give us a day, our daiwy bwead and forgibe us our twespasses as we forgib dose who twespass against us. Lead us not into tation, but dewiber us fwom ebil. For dine is kingdom, power, gwory foreber. AAAAMMENN!"
I get really sentimental about this, and I even cry a little when I hear them pray. It's awesome to see the love of Christ through your children.



3 comments:
TOOOOO CUTE!! I love it Michelle!
It's beautiful. Just wait till Sutton does it. The boy version is opening your eyes to find your son sticking his tongue out at you!!! He claimed that he was trying to lick the butter on his roll. I think he was sticking his tongue out at me.
Amen - Amen!
Post a Comment