I can't remember a time that I didn't want to be a wife and mom. Often, I am overwhelmed when I look at my precious husband and babies and realize that they are my dream come true.

I loved celebrating this Mothers Day by sharing in the sacrament of baptism with Grace, Ella and Sutton. We were all baptized together! It was a day I'll never forget--full of tears of joy and laughter. After our pastor baptized Ella, she asked me, "Will this come off when I take a bath?" She's since told everyone that "we got sanitized at church." I guess that's one way to look at it. When it was Sutton's turn, he loudly proclaimed, "I two!" right into the microphone. The entire congregation (and it was a very packed house) laughed. After Paul was finished, he held Sutton up and said, "Okay, buddy. Now tell everyone how old you are." Sutton quickly quipped, "I five!" More laughs :)
I loved my homemade gifts this year: a ladybug/roly poly jar, three flower paintings, a sweet card from Ella and a beautiful pin from Grace.

Grace also filled out this paper about me. I love that she thinks I'm special because I plant flowers, but I have no clue why she thinks I'm good at drawing. Art is not my strong suit.

She also thinks I'm as pretty as a flower. I overheard another Mom reading her daughter's comment that "My mom is as pretty as a pony because she always wears her hair in ponytails!" She didn't seem to appreciate that one!
I love being a mom, and I can't express how thankful I am for God's blessings!



No comments:
Post a Comment