Sunday, May 22, 2011

Singin' and Dancin' in the Rain

Grace's spring dance recital was all about the weather (hence, why Ella was "Mr. Golden Sun"), and she performed a ballet routine to a piano version of "Singin' in the Rain." Grace definitely prefers soccer over dance right now, and she let us know about a month ago that she didn't want to continue dance. She was not excited about it at all, and at one point, she even told me, "Mom, I only smile at ballet so I don't hurt Miss Marsha's feelings." We encouraged her to finish the year, but between lots of soccer games rescheduled and swim lessons, she missed three of the last four weeks of dance class. I was worried that her recital might not go well because she hadn't practiced enough, but I was wrong. She has an amazing memory, and she moves so gracefully on stage. We saw this "grace" in her as soon as she was born, hence her name. We loved watching her glide across the stage, and the whole recital was fantastic!
The whole experience was so much better than last year when she had a terrible stomach ache and vomited as soon as we got home. I so hope this isn't her last recital!

No comments: