Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Since I'm the author of this blog, I've taken it upon myself to blog about my own 30th birthday. (Hey, if I don't, who will?).

A few weeks ago, my brother asked how I feel at age 30. My answer: blessed and accomplished. God has given me everything I've ever wanted, but even more than I could have asked for. His plans for me have been perfect. If you would have asked me 10 years ago where I saw myself at 30, this is it. I have worked so hard for everything, but I really can't believe I've been so fortunate.

In 30 years, I've:
-Lived in 6 cities (all in Texas and 3 years by myself)
-Completed 19 1/2 years of school (incl. 3 brutal years of law school)
-Had 2 "real" jobs and 1 career
-Been surrounded by amazing parents, siblings, family and friends
-Married by soul mate
-Been pregnant 3 times
-Given birth to 2 beautiful, smart, sweet, healthy girls
-Maintained a relationship with Jesus Christ
-AND, grown ZERO gray hairs (I'm very proud of this, but can't really take credit for it; thank you to genetics)

What more could I ask for?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:10-12.

Here's to another amazing 30 years! (And hopefully, more than that!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th Birthday!! I celebrate mine in May and cannot wait.