Friday, January 9, 2009

Observations of a 38-Month-Old

Here are some funny things Gracie has said lately:
1. This red nightie is fantastic!
2. You need to drink water because it has lots of bitamins.
3. Mommy, I'm really old now because I'm three, right?
4. Ella doesn't know how to share. Maybe I need to teach her. (Hmmm, I think it's actually the other way around).
5. Girls don't toot, right Mommy?
6. I don't want to eat peanuts because they make me nervous. (Let me explain: about a year ago, Grace was diagnosed with a mild peanut allergy. At her checkup with the allergist in December, however, her blood test revealed that the allergy is gone, and we've been given the green light to let her eat peanuts and PB again. As of yet, it hasn't happened).
7. After I explained how the heater works, she replied, "Isn't that so cool?"
8. Grace is always good about reminding us to pray before dinner, but until recently, she's never accepted the invitation to say the prayer herself. The other night, however, she agreed, and here was her first blessing: "Dear Jesus, thank you for the Lord. Amen." Last night, it was "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for our family and this food. Amen." I couldn't have said it better myself.
9. As I was tucking her into bed last night, she said, "Mama, I'm going to cry. I'm just so excited about my baby brother!" It was so sweet that I actually cried :)
10. This morning, we were talking about her Daddy's upcoming birthday. Travis told her that he was going to be old, and she replied, "Like me? I'm so old because I'm three." (I don't know why she's stuck on this. Three certainly isn't very old. I'm about to be TEN TIMES THREE!!)

No comments: