Grace is so compassionate, and this is a great example...Yesterday, we had lunch at Babe's after church. While we were there, there was an old woman sitting behind us. She had tubes in her nose that were attached to a small oxygen tank. Grace didn't see her until we were about to leave, and when she did, she pointed and asked, "Why does she have those tubes, Mommy?' I first explained that it was bad manners to point, but then said that the air in the bottle helped the woman breathe better. Grace wanted to know why, but I told her that the woman was probably sick and the tubes made her feel better.
So, last night when Travis and I were putting Grace to bed, we asked what her sad part of the day was. She replied, "Seeing that lady with the tubes and the bottle of air. That was so sad." I just wanted to cry because I realized how much it affected her. Travis agreed, but took the opportunity to explain that sometimes people smoke cigarettes and then they need tubes with air to help them breathe. Good job on making it a learning opportunity :)



No comments:
Post a Comment