People are amazed at Ella's vocabulary, me included. Grace was very verbal at 15 months, too, but was definitely not at Ella's level. It seems like Ella picks up new words everyday, and not only does she know them, she knows when to say them. I think part of the reason is that we use these:
We do them while she's taking a bath and sometimes over breakfast. She LOVES it and usually fusses when we're done. We're just doing the English words, and she knows many by memory now. She says, "What's that?" usually while I'm asking the same thing. If she knows the answer, she blurts it out and smiles. If she doesn't, she'll ask again. This morning, she surprised me by saying girl, turtle and pizza when I showed her those cards! I love that she loves learning. She's really giving Grace a run for her money in the intelligence category :)
We do them while she's taking a bath and sometimes over breakfast. She LOVES it and usually fusses when we're done. We're just doing the English words, and she knows many by memory now. She says, "What's that?" usually while I'm asking the same thing. If she knows the answer, she blurts it out and smiles. If she doesn't, she'll ask again. This morning, she surprised me by saying girl, turtle and pizza when I showed her those cards! I love that she loves learning. She's really giving Grace a run for her money in the intelligence category :) 


1 comment:
Ok - so funny! I JUST posted all about Ethan's words and what all he knows right now, and then I saw that you had updated your blog about the same thing!! Guess these little guys are just soaking up words like little sponges! I can't get over it. I haven't heard of these cards, but what a great idea. I'll have to look for something like that. How cute that she says "what's that?" while you're showing her the cards - what a smart little girl!! Way to go, Ella!
Post a Comment