She's captivated us for three and a half years. 42 months. Never in a million years could I have anticipated the love I would feel for this child. She's just magical. She brings so much joy and peace and hope to our lives everyday. She's really starting to look more grown up. She's gotten so much taller and is continuing to stretch out without gaining much weight. Her features are still very delicate, but she just looks more mature.
Here are some things I love about her right now:
--the way she'll randomly start singing
--her love for everything pink
--the sweet tooth she inherited from me
--the way she gives compliments throughout the day ("I love you so much, Daddy"; "You're the best momma ever"; "You look so beautiful"; "I love Ella so much")
--her compassion for others
--her fierce love for Ella
--her imagination and love for storytelling
--that she can stay up WAY past her bedtime and not get cranky
--that she doesn't keep secrets (although her honesty can sometimes be embarrassing)
--the way she says what's on her mind (again, which makes for some uncomfortable moments)
--that she's not afraid to put up a fight when she needs to
--her loves for all things girly (princesses, make up, nail polish, fancy clothes, shoes)
--that she's very particular about what she wears and whether her hair looks "perfect," but that she's also not afraid to get dirty and just have fun
--her good heart
--her infectious laugh
--her excitement for learning new things and her amazing memory
--that she loves Jesus and tells us about it
--that she loves her friends and family
--that she's excited to meet Baby Brother and asks us every day when he's coming
Oh, Gracie girl. You are truly a blessing, and we couldn't imagine our lives without you. I know you're already planning your next birthday party, but please don't rush to turn 4. We're not ready yet!



1 comment:
oh, i don't even know her and i want to give her a big hug! such sweet girls you have
Post a Comment