Sunday, May 10, 2009

Funnies

Today, my mom and I were telling Grace about some of the funny things she used to say.  For example, when she was mad, she'd say, "No caulk a me!"  (Translation: Don't talk to me!).  And, she liked to say, "Oh ma goodness!"  Yes, she was really funny then, but she's still cracking us up...

The other day, the girls and I were watching Elmo videos on You Tube.  One of them was Ray Charles singing the alphabet.  Grace asked why he was wearing sunglasses, so I explained that he was blind.  "What does that mean?" she asked.  "Well, I means he can't see," I replied.  So, naturally, she follows with, "Why not?  How did he get blind?"  I explained that sometimes people are born that way, but that other times, people get really sick and then they get blind.  With all seriousness, she looked up at me and said, "Did he have the swine flu?"  

Tonight, as we were heading upstairs for bed, she turned to Baylor and said, "Baylor.  Seriously.  Don't be so hyper.  It's night-night time!" 

No comments: