Thursday, May 21, 2009

Great Big Sisters

Grace and Ella have adjusted really well to Sutton.  Grace constantly wants to hold and smell him.  She thinks he smells like the hospital, which I'm not sure is a good thing :)  Ella kisses his head every 5 minutes and likes to point out all of his body parts.  She constantly talks to him: "Hi, baby!" "Baby's night night!"  "Bye, bye baby!"  She's so quick, however, and I haven't been able to snap a picture. 
The girls really seem to love Sutton, and he fits right in around here.  The other day, Grace told me she was going to watch Sutton, and here's how I found her...
When Ella saw this, she got her own chair and starting watching him, too.
Grace was so excited to accompany me and Sutton to the park this week.  She pushed Lamby in her stroller right next to mine.  We got lots of smiles from our neighbors.
They've also had a great time with all the extra visitors this week.  Ella was especially excited to see Murse and even recognized her and called her by name.  I think Murse was even more excited because for some reason, Ella used to cry every time she saw her.  I'm so glad Ella's gotten over that!
Ella got some extra loving from Bubba and Chachi.
Grace has enjoyed having Dory here this week.
It's so cute to see them acting in concert together.  Ella wants to do everything just like Grace, and Grace is getting even better about trying to include her.  When Grace brought home a collection of doodlebugs, she proudly showed them off to Ella...
Sutton doesn't know how blessed he is to have such great big sisters.  I look forward to watching their relationships grow!

No comments: