Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 2 and Going Home

We had a really good first night with Sutton.  He ate and slept really well, and Travis and I were able to sleep, too.  Meanwhile, at home, Ella started off her morning with a walk in her pajamas...
Then, my parents brought Grace and Ella up to the hospital for a visit.  When they arrived, I was up and Sutton was in his bassinet.  Ella looked at me for just a second, but then, her eyes started wandering--she was looking for her baby :)  As soon as she spotted him, she said, "I touch?"  So, she touched.  And, then she said, "I kiss?"  And, she kissed.  It was too sweet!  I know the girls were happy to see us, but I think the best part of their morning was the donuts they got for breakfast.
Grace did NOT like that we had to stay at the hospital.  She called me crying the night before, and told me that morning that she wanted me to come home.  Sutton's pediatrician said he was perfect, and my doctor called Travis and I "seasoned veterans."  So, because I was recovering well, we were released to go home! 
Everyone was napping when we arrived around 3 p.m., but when they woke up, they were happy to see us.  It felt wonderful to have all three of our babies under one roof!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Girl, you look great!